Welcome to the CIDL Circulation (check-out) desk! Here you will find the details regarding our policies and procedures for the many things that happen at the CIDL Circulation Desk. We are located to the left as you walk through the front gate. All library items are checked out and checked in with us. Books on hold can be picked up, and any book donations may be left on the donation carts to the left of the circulation desk. Please take the time to read through the circulation policies so you may understand your library privileges and responsibilities. If you have any questions or comments, please contact any of our library staff. Thank you.
- You must present your library card, driver's license, or picture ID in order to borrow items
- A replacement card must be obtained if your card is lost or stolen
- Any changes of address, telephone number, email address, should be reported to ensure the accuracy of your account
- You are responsible for all items checked out on your account, including items checked out for others
- A receipt will be issued at the time of checkout indicating a due date for borrowed items. Please retain your receipt
- CIDL uses an Automatic Renewal system so you keep your items longer. All items will automatically renew up to two times, provided your account is in good standing (fines less than $10) unless another patron places that item on hold
Get a Library Card
It's easy to get a card at CIDL! If you're a resident, student or employee of Clarkston or Independence Township, you're eligible for a library card!
If you don't have a card, and want to apply,
- Residents of Independence Township or The City of the Village of Clarkston can present photo ID with name and address.
- If photo ID does not contain a current address, please bring a supporting document such as a utility bill, lease/rental agreement or vehicle registration
- Clarkston school students can present their student ID or current report card, along with proof of address
- Those employed in Independence Township can present a recent paystub to prove employment
Where Does My Card Work?
Of course, your library card grants you access to our vast collection of CDs, DVDs, Books, Audiobooks, puppets and more, but did you also know that your card works...
- Online, through Overdrive/Libby, Hoopla, and Kanopy. check out our eLibrary tab at the top of the page!
- With databases, access all our databases and other resources through the research tab at the top of the page
- At most TLN libraries, TLN is a library cooperative serving 65 libraries
- Any library participating in the MiLibrary program
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I need to do to use my CIDL card at a different library?
- How do I know what's going on with my account?
- How do I renew my items?
- What if I'm going out of town, and want my items to renew now?
- Help! The Item I want is checked out.
- Can I place a hold on an item that is currently on the shelf?
- How do I return my books?
- I paid for a lost item, but I found it. What can I do?
- I'm not a CIDL patron, can I use my home library card at CIDL?