What is the "Teen LEAD" program?
The Teen LEAD [Leadership, Enrichment and Development] program is a leadership group comprised of dedicated high school students who are interested in making a difference at their library. Teen LEAD members play a critical role in developing the library's young adult collection, building and coordinating teen and tween programs, assisting with children's and teen programs, writing articles, reviews and creative works for the Youth Services blog, and making the library a friendlier place for young adults.
What are the qualifications?
- Must currently be in grades 9-12
- Must be willing to commit 1 hour, once a month for meetings
- Must be willing to assist at children's, tween, and teen programs
- Must enjoy working in a team environment
What are the guidelines?
- Meetings are the 1st & 3rd Tuesday of the month from 6-7 PM & they begin on time.
- Sign in at meetings to record volunteer hours.
- Participate fully, please turn all electronic devices off.
- Respect the staff, each other, and the space.
- Attend meetings.
- Attend as many YA programs as possible and help with the setup & cleanup.
Why should I join Teen LEAD?
- A wonderful opportunity to earn NHS points or fulfill community service requirements.
- Your input will have a direct impact on the young adult section of the library.
- Recognition of the value and importance of your opinions and ideas to the community
- You’ll get to participate in a number of fun programs and activities
- Serve as a mentor to our younger library visitors
- Share your expertise in some of your favorite hobbies and interests.
- It looks amazing on college and job applications!
Looking for more information?
Download a copy of this letter
Teen LEAD Appliction
Teen LEAD Schedule